[omniORB] Static libraries

julio teca henry.stauf at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 09:37:16 BST 2008

Miroslaw,

Have you set up correctly <omniORB_src_dir>/mk/platforms/x86_win32_mingw.mk?

You should specify something like:
PYTHON = /usr/bin/python
in this file.

You must have a working python installation in order to build omniORB. It is
required by
the omniidl tool.

But I think I have bad news for you. We are trying to do the same thing. As
far as I know
omniORB can not be build over MinGW. In the first place we have that MinGW
offers a very limited subset of Posix commands. omniORB uses Posix. In the
second place, I obtained a number of warnings regarding the lack of some
Cygwin DLLs before the build crashed.

Let me know if you have more luck than me!

Regards