[omniORB] COMM_FAILURE handling problem in Python

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Wed Jun 4 11:44:40 BST 2008

On Monday 2 June, Jan Fedorek wrote:

> I'm using OmniORB v4.1.2 from Python. I'd like to catch the
> COMM_FAILURE exception so I use method
> omniORB.installCommFailureExceptionHandler. System raise the exception
> but the handler is not called.
>
> This is written in the log:

> omniORB: throw giopStream::CommFailure from giopStream.cc:874(0,NO,COMM_FAILURE_UnMarshalArguments)

That isn't a CORBA::COMM_FAILURE. It's an internal omniORB CommFailure.
In some cases that is converted into a CORBA::COMM_FAILURE, but in this
case it is handled internally to omniORB.

Are you seeing an actual CORBA.COMM_FAILURE exception in your Python code?

What is the problem you are actually trying to solve?