[omniORB] Location Marshalling Fault

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Mon Jul 21 17:13:01 BST 2008

On Friday 18 July, "EXT-Pennington, Dale K" wrote:

> I am taking a CORBA application that ran on another ORB and porting it
> to OmniOrb. It includes a rather involved structure as one of the
> parameters. When I attempt to test the function take uses this
> structure, I get a Marshal Exception with a minor code that tranlates to
> : MARSHAL_InvalidEnumValue. Is there any way to get OmniORB to give me
> more details (if I new which structure member it would help a lot in
> tracking the issue down).

If you run with -ORBtraceExceptions 1 you'll get a message telling which
line in the stub header file has thrown the exception. Looking at that
code will tell you which enum it is that's been sent with an invalid
value, but not which structure it's in.

To work that out, the easiest thing is to modify the generated code that
throws the MARSHAL exception so that it calls abort(). That way your
program will fail at the time the invalid value occurs, and you'll be
able to figure out which structure it's in from the call stack.