[omniORB] OmniORB runtime message documentation

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Fri Jul 18 18:51:32 BST 2008

On Thursday 10 July, "Tom O'Reilly" wrote:
> Is there a document that describes terminal messages generated by OmniORB at
> runtime? I can't find them in the OmniORB Users Guide.

I'm afraid there's no complete documentation of them all. Perhaps
someone would like to start compiling a list on the wiki?

> These include various exception conditions (e.g. "MARSHALL_PassEndOfMessage",
> etc...) as well as messages like "omniORB: throw giopStream::commFailure...".
> My understanding is that some of these messages indicate a serious problem,
> while others are "normal".

MARSHAL_PassEndOfMessage means that the receiver of a message reached
the end of the message when it thought there should be more data
available. That's usually a sign that the sender and receiver have seen
different IDL.