[omniORB] connection issue

Martin Trappel 0xCDCDCDCD at gmx.at
Wed Jul 9 21:52:56 BST 2008

Lisa Yao wrote:
> Good morning:
>
> I have a program run on one computer (let’s say A), which can talk to
> another computer B on internal network.  However, when I try to connect
> to another company (C)’s  server (D), it does not work.
>
> On B, I run a simulator provided by C, it is identical to D, only B is
> on our internal network.  So I assume it is network issue, since it
> works on internal network.
>
> However, our company network people say it is my program problem,
> network is fine.  The company C saying that my ORB configuration is not
> right,
>
> What should I do?  At this time, company C is not helping me, they say
> it is not their problem, internal network people say that there is
> connection.  I am stuck, hope any guru could solve my problem.
>
> I run with -ORBendPoint some-network:8101, company C says that this is ok.

Why would you run your client with ORBendPoint. This option is used on
the server side (or so I thought). (i.e. Is ORBendPoint specified for
process A or for B/D ?)

> I get IOR from some-ip and port 8003, this is also fine.
>
> I use IOR to logon to company C’s network, they say that I should use
> port 8102, not using 8003, however, I have no place to put 8102
Why would you get an IOR with port 8003 when the actual server is
listening on port 8102 ??

> somewhere, company C says they are not omniORB expert, they don’t know
> how to config, and they don’t use omniORB, if I chose to use omniORB, it
> is my problem to get it fixed.  They could not help me at this time.
>
> Company C say the ORB should redirect the logon to port 8102, not the
> 8003 (which I get IOR).

Where do you get the IOR from?

> However, why same program can connect to internal computer B, and not
> company c’s computer D?
>
> I hope this is not confusing?

*I* think it is, but maybe you can clear it up some more. :-)

br,
Martin