[omniORB] Cygwin issues / registry entries

Andrew George ageorge at carl.org
Wed Jul 9 12:09:38 BST 2008

Hi,

I recently posted about linking OmniORB with Borland 5 on a win32 platform.

Because of name mangling issues, the upshot was that I attempted to build
OmniORB into a library from the source code.

I followed the instructions in the win32 read me (including setting platform
variant to x86_win32_bcc) and do a 'make export' in the src directory.

The make process attempts to use bccwrapper.exe to convert DOS paths to
Cygwin paths.

The problem is that bccwrapper is expecting to find 'mount points' in the
registry.

It's expecting these mount points to be in Software/Cygnus
Solutions/CYGWIN.DLL setup/b15.0/mounts/01 to FF.

I believe underneath each of these 256 entries there should "unix" and
"native" subkeys.

The registry tree for the current version of Cygwin has a "mounts v2". Did
this b15.0 thing get abrogated?

Has anyone built using the Borland 5 compiler?

Thanks,

Andy