[omniORB] function and sequence

renny.koshy at rubixinfotech.com renny.koshy at rubixinfotech.com
Wed Jan 30 09:41:10 GMT 2008

I believe you should be doing a CORBA::string_dup() on each string you are
storing into a CORBA 'data structure'...  I personally find CORBA's memory
management semantics a bit strange sometimes..

        temp[0] = CORBA::string_dup("klaus at uni.de");
        temp[1] = CORBA::string_dup("gustav at uni.de");
        temp[2] = CORBA::string_dup("dieter at uni.de");

Renny Koshy

             Ronald Andrae
             <wir04fge at studser
             v.uni-leipzig.de>                                          To
             Sent by:                  omniorb-list at omniorb-support.com
             omniorb-list-boun                                          cc
             ces at omniorb-suppo
             rt.com                                                Subject
                                       [omniORB] function and sequence

             01/30/2008 09:15
             AM

Hello,

I have function, which returns a variable array (sequence).

My IDL:

typedef sequence<string> Feld;

interface Student{
    Feld getEmails();
};

My implementation:

class Student_impl :  public POA_Student
{
public:

    Feld * getEmails() {
        Feld_var temp = new Feld;
        temp->length(3);
        temp[0] = "klaus at uni.de";
        temp[1] = "gustav at uni.de";
        temp[2] = "dieter at uni.de";
        return temp;
    }
};

There is a problem with the types Feld and Feld_var. Have anyone an
idea, how i can fix this problem, so that I can use the array at the
client side?

Thanks