[omniORB] returning a long sequence - is there a limit ?

Thomas Lockhart lockhart at fourpalms.org
Thu Jan 24 07:43:38 GMT 2008

> 1) How can I further investigate and solve this problem ?

Since you want to support an unlimited amount of data, the more robust
solution would be to return the result with an iterator. That way both
client and server have some influence over the maximum transfer size
each can handle. The iterator interface can also allow the entire result
to be returned in the first call, if the result is smaller than the
maximum size.

I'm not recalling if there are examples of iterators in standard CORBA
interfaces or in the omniORB example code. If you can not find one then
ask on the list.

hth

                       - Tom