[omniORB] Compiling under Windows with MinGW

Matias Guijarro matias.guijarro at esrf.fr
Thu Jan 17 13:10:45 GMT 2008

Hello,

Duncan Grisby wrote:

>The autoconf configuration doesn't have any entries for MinGW, so it
>falls back to some guesses. If you look in configure.ac and
>mk/beforeauto.mk.in, you'll see a whole load of things about specific
>platforms. If you copy the ones for Cygwin, that will probably be a good
>starting point.

I only noticed after I sent the email to the list that everything
to compile with MinGW is already available, but it works
without the configure script.

One has to change config/config.mk to select the right
platform (x86_win32_mingw) and edit mk/platforms/x86_win32_mingw.mk
to reflect Python's installation, then it is possible to make
everything going to the src directory and doing "make export".

Maybe it would be good to add the explanations above to
a README file ?

By the way : I discovered something wrong when building
with MinGW, I had to change EXTRA_LIBS in src/lib/omniORB/connections/dir.mk
to be -ladvapi32 instead of advapi32.lib.

And also at the end it tries to execute "rebase.exe" on the
compiled DLLs, this is not necessary with MinGW ; I had to
edit the makefile manually to prevent this step.

Cheers,
Matias.