[omniORB] Problem with Omni names Service between two PC

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Thu Jan 10 16:52:59 GMT 2008

On Wednesday 9 January, suresh_babu wrote:

>    i am very new to CORBA. I have created a simple client server application
> in which the object reference resolved through Omninames. This is working
> perfectly in a same address space.
>
> But if i try to connect between two PC, it is not working. The names are not
> resolved in Client application.
>
> What could be the problem? Any settings needed for this?

How have you configured the two machines?  One of them needs to be told
to use the other machine's omniNames instance.

Are you running omniNames on both machines and expecting them to
magically find each other and share the name bindings?  That won't
happen. You should run just one omniNames instance and point all clients
at it.