[omniORB] wstring support

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Thu Jan 10 16:48:15 GMT 2008

On Tuesday 8 January, "Morris, Steve (SW/FW - Rehovot)" wrote:

> I get an omniORB.BAD_PARAM_WCharTCSNotKnown error when I try to use wstrings.
>
> I found a number of mentions of this problem on the web, but no solutions.

For wstrings to be transmitted through CORBA, the sending ORB must know
the code set the receiver is expecting (UTF-16 or UCS-4, for example).
That exception means that the code set is not known.

Clients know the code sets supported by servers from information stored
in IORs. If you have client code getting that exception, it is because
the server has not provided code set information. That might be because
it's broken, or it might be because you are using a corbaloc URI that
doesn't contain any information about code sets.

What server ORB are you connecting to?  Does the client use a full
object reference or does it use a corbaloc URI?