[omniORB] Running Example Echo for omniORB-4.1.1

charles bartlett csbartlett at comcast.net
Wed Jan 9 14:39:30 GMT 2008

In src/examples/echo/README, the instruction is to:
"Edit ../../../config/config.mk to select the appropriate platform." I
am using Ubuntu 7.10; it is not listed. I tried choosing "platform =
i586_linux_2.0", but that led to many errors on "make all".

Firstly, the make does not find omniidl, which is located
in /usr/local/bin in my installation not  ../../../bin/i586_linux_2.0.

Please indicate appropriate platform choice, otherwise I will need to
deconstruct your make files. For example, due to the makefile, omniidl
is invoked with options " -bcxx -Wba -Wbtp" whereas in omniORB.pdf, only
the first option is indicated. Alternatively, I could try to make purely
based upon information in your pdf file.

Thanks very much.