[omniORB] Is it possible to suppress the COMM_FAILURE_UnMarshallArguments Exception?

cjulwelling at micron.com cjulwelling at micron.com
Fri Feb 29 13:03:12 GMT 2008

	I'm running with omniORB v4.1.1 on Red Had Enterprise Linux 5.
I recently have upgraded from omniORB 4.0.4 on Red Had Enterprise Linux
3 and I did not see this issue previously.  The issue is the tracing of
COMM_FAILURE_UnMarshallArguments exceptions when things seem to be
shutdown gracefully.

	I've been able to reproduce the issue using the provided echo
(eg3_clt/eg3_impl) examples.  When I run the example code it prints 10
"Hello" messages and then exits on the client side.  The server side
then prints out:
omniORB: Orderly connection shutdown: giop:tcp<ipaddr and port info>
omniORB: throw giopStream::CommFailure from
giopImpl12.cc:1367(0,NO,COMM_FAILURE_UnMarshalArguments)

	The main way I use omniORB is enabling python to communicate
with TAO C++ CORBA servers.  When I have a python client that registers
a callback with a TAO C++ CORBA server everything works well until I
shutdown the server.  On the python side ( which implements a callback )
I see the following printed out:
omniORB: Error in network receive (start of message): giop:tcp:<ipaddr
and port info>
omniORB: throw giopStream::CommFailure from
giopStream.cc:875(0,NO,COMM_FAILURE_UnMarshalArguments)

	I have done some looking around online and searched the archives
and seen a few responses saying that this is normal behavior, and that
omni is just notifying the user that the connection has been closed.  I
looked at the code for giopStream.cc and it appears that the recv gets a
0, indicating the connection was gracefully closed, but it still throws
this exception.  I have also tried to fiddle with the parameters in the
omniORB.cfg file with no success to eliminate this message.

	My question is, is it possible via a omniORB.cfg setting,
compile setting, or better practice on my side to eliminate these
warning messages?  I would really like to suppress the output of these
messages, but not affect the output of other error messages.

Thanks,
Charles