[omniORB] OmniORBPy Object References Problem

Viktor Kerkez viktor.kerkez at dmsgroup.co.yu
Wed Feb 27 10:40:47 GMT 2008

I am sending two simple examples where my problem can be replicated:

1. In "test system 1" when I call a method on a object that doesn't
exist any more, instead of raising TransientException program dies with:

omniORB: Assertion failed.  This indicates a bug in the application
using omniORB, or maybe in omniORB itself.
  file: pyCallDescriptor.cc
  line: 104
  info: !tstate_
omniORB: Unexpected C++ exception during Python invocation.

way.

2. I "test system 2" i try to check if the reference is valid with
obj._non_existent(). Everything works untill i put a time.sleep(1) in my
  servers main loop. When I put a time.sleep(1) it works untill the
first TRANSIENT or COMM error is raised, after that the server continues
to work normally but I cannot access any of the servers methods using
CORBA. Call blocks forever.