[omniORB] server setting "endPoint" and "endPointNoListen"

Qi, Fong FQi at tkusa.com
Tue Feb 26 11:14:49 GMT 2008

Hello OmniORB support,

I want to let my CORBA client process able to switch between two CORBA
servers. When a client process connects and gets data from one of CORBA
servers, and the server is down in milled of processing, the client
process can be able to switch to the other server and continue for
getting data. To achieve this goal, I am looking to use "endpoint" and
"endPointNoListen" server configuration option. Can someone help me
understand how it works? I am showing my example below.

I have a client A and two servers B and C.

Client A: It has "OMNIORB_CONFIG" setting for "endPoint" and
"endPointNoListen"

                        endPoint = giop:tcp:11.50.4.180:6000

                        endPointNoListen=giop:tcp:11.50.4.181:6000

           Server B: IP address 11.50.4.180 and port 6000

            Server C: IP address 11.50.4.181 and port 6000

My questions:

1)       Will the option "endPoint" and "endPointNoListen" help me to
achieve the goal?

2)       How do I initial the connection? Can you provide me order of
procedure calls, like "ORB_init", "_narrow"?

3)       How does the client process automatically switch from one
server to the other?

Thank you,

Fong