[omniORB] static function?

Wernke Zur Borg wernke.zur.borg at vega.de
Mon Feb 18 13:13:08 GMT 2008

It is simply not possible, because CORBA does not have that concept.

CORBA is about references to objects, therefore your method must be an
object method, not a class method.

You have to instantiate a (perhaps singleton) object on the server side
and make it available to a client. The client must obtain a reference to
that object and call the object method.

Wernke

VEGA IT GmbH - Register court/Registergericht: Darmstadt, HRB No. 4096, Managing Directors/Geschäftsführer: Philip Cartmell, Susan Bygrave, John Lewis