[omniORB] static function?

Stefan Naewe stefan.naewe at atlas-elektronik.com
Mon Feb 18 13:11:25 GMT 2008

On 2/18/2008 1:01 PM, Ronald Andrae wrote:
 > Stefan Naewe schrieb:
 >> On 2/18/2008 12:44 PM, Ronald Andrae wrote:
 >>> Hi,
 >>>
 >>> I want to declare static function in my IDL, but I haven't found any
 >>> information to do that.
 >>>
 >>> In example:
 >>>
 >>> interface Test {
 >>>    static void hello();
 >>> };
 >>>
 >>> Static cann't be found. How I can describe in the IDL that a function
 >>> is a static function?
 >>
 >> You can't! IDL != C++

> How is it possible to use static functions with corba?

You can use any *implementation language construct* you like
when writing a CORBA client or server. But IDL does not let
you define static functions. You always need an object (reference)
for calling a (member-) function.

S.
Dipl.-Inform. Stefan Naewe                 ATLAS Elektronik GmbH
                                                    Dept.: NUS T4
phone: +49-(0)421-457-1378          Sebaldsbruecker Heerstr. 235
fax:   +49-(0)421-457-3913                          28305 Bremen