[omniORB] Passing a Sequence from Python to C++

EntonH entonh at gmx.de
Fri Feb 15 03:29:13 GMT 2008

Hello,

I'm new to CORBA and Python and want to pass a sequence from Python to C++.

My IDL-file:

interface idlfile
	{

		struct param
		{
			string value1;
	   		             any value2;

		};

                typedef sequence param dict;

The generated code:
Struct:
class param:
def __init__(self, value1, value2)

Sequence:
class dict:
def __init__(self, *args, **kw)

I want to initialize the params in this way:
pm1 = idlfile.param("example1","example2")
But I don't know how to initialize the sequence?

How do I initialize a sequence of params und how do I pass them to C++?

Is it possible to put the sequence into a dictionary and to pass this to
C++?

I'm looking forward for your replies.

Greetings,
EntonH