[omniORB] Http Authentication with C++ Sockets.

jlou512 jlou.512 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 16:17:40 GMT 2008

I’m trying to connect a C++ client to a Java server on a remote host. Using
OpenSSL is not an option for me, so I am wondering if there is a way to use
Http socket authentication with OmniOrb (or if I even need to). I am using
Sun’s naming service, which is also running on the remote host and the
server is implemented using Java RMI-IIOP. The setup has worked fine
locally, but when I ported the server and orbd over to the host, I OmniORB
caught some BAD_OPERATION exceptions. The remote host uses http
authentication and I connect a test Java RMI-IIOP client to the server by
opening a http socket and supplying the username/password. Does anybody know
if I can do the same thing with OmniORB?