FW: [omniORB] Another bug in omniidl 4.1.3 cxx backend --> fixes

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Mon Dec 29 18:51:41 GMT 2008

On Tuesday 25 November, Will Denissen wrote:

[...]
> Could you please check whether this is a correct patch?
> Although it fixes the problem, it is still not clear to me why the C++
> compiler is
> complaining about ambiguities because the declarations were made in different
> namespaces?

I've now checked in that fix you suggest. with a minor tweak to globally
scope the declarations. We'll find out whether it breaks on some other
C++ compiler...

I think GCC is actually correct to say that the functions are ambiguous,
since the use of a type from namespace M1 introduces M1's functions into
scope.