[omniORB] omniORB-4.1.3 x64 cross compile problems

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Fri Dec 12 16:41:13 GMT 2008

On Wednesday 3 December, Nikola Radovanovic wrote:

> we intend to use omniORB-4.1.3 on windows 64 architecture. so far, we
> successfully compile it on native x64 (win64 xp with platform sdk 2008
> and python 64 installed).
> We also tried to compile it on xp 32, but with x64 cross compiler
> (shipped with studio 2005 with with platform sdk 2008 and  omnipython)

The problem is that as part of the build it builds a Python extension
as part of omniidl. You are building a 64 bit Python extension, and
trying to link it with a 32 bit Python.

The only way out if you need to use the 64 bit cross compiler is to hack
the makefiles so they build omniidl with the 32 bit compiler but build
the rest of the system with the 64 bit compiler.