[Fwd: Re: [omniORB] String sequence]

Martin Trappel 0xCDCDCDCD at gmx.at
Thu Aug 14 21:00:10 BST 2008

Hamilton Temple wrote:

> Hello there,
>
> I'm trying to implement a server method that returns a char **,

You cannot do this in CORBA. CORBA does not know what a pointer is :-)
Anyway, you apparently want to return a list of strings. (That still
isn't a char**)

> I'm defining the IDL file in that way:
>
> module MyModule{
>   interface MyClass{
>      typedef sequence<string> SeqStr;
>      SeqStr listContents(in string locator);
>    };
> };
>
> I have been googling without success. omniidl
> generates the definition of a class SeqStr in
> the hh file. Where could I find a full example
> providing the implementation of a class like
> this?

What you have is a sequence class that contains CORBA::String_var
members. So you might get lucky if you try to google for "CORBA sequence
C++"

> My second post today, sorry :)

Your friends are:
* Advanced CORBA Programming with C++ (by Michi Henning, Steve Vinoski)
... This is a must, must, must have
* CORBA C++ language mapping

br,
Martin