[omniORB] Extracting some information out of a *_ptr

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Fri Aug 8 15:01:49 BST 2008

On Friday 8 August, Martin Trappel wrote:

> Thanks. I had looked at catior but completely forgot about
> object_to_string ::)

object_to_string won't do you any good. It just gives you a hex form of
the IOR. I suppose you could use that to run catior as an external
program, but that's a little silly.

> Unfortunately, it appears that catior is published under the GPL (not
> LGPL) so I fear wont be able to use the sources of catior ...

If you look at catior, all it really does is call functions in the
omniORB library, which is LGPL. You can use catior as documentation to
help you write your own code that calls the same functions.