[omniORB] Synchronization between omniNames service & Services

Nigel Rantor wiggly at wiggly.org
Tue Aug 5 11:39:24 BST 2008

R. P. Janaka wrote:
> No.. still did not get a solution.
>
> As I found with new experiments, this problem is not a specific for this
> Master/Slave case. If we just consider only about the Master, Problem
> still remains. I found these result with debugging.
>
> I just repeat the same procedure with only a single server.
>
>     * Start the server and get registered with the name service
>     * Manually kill the server
>     * Start the server and get registered with the name service *again *.
>

> Then the registration also get success. But when the client try to call
> server's functions, it gives this exception.
>
> the exception is *"SystemException: TRANSIENT_ConnectFailed"*
>
> The reason for this problem may be the sudden break down of the server
> with out informing it to the name service.
>
> Do we have any solution for this....?

You're going to have to be more explicit about this.

Which of the following is the order things are happening in?

- Start server
- Server registers with Nameservice as "server"
- Kill server
- Start server again
- Server registers with Nameservice as "server"
- Start client
- Client looks up "server" with Nameservice
- Client invokes an operation on the reference from the Nameservice
- Client gets "SystemException: TRANSIENT_ConnectFailed"

- Start server
- Server registers with Nameservice as "server"
- Client looks up "server" with Nameservice
- Kill server
- Start server again
- Server registers with Nameservice as "server"
- Start client
- Client invokes an operation on the reference from the Nameservice
- Client gets "SystemException: TRANSIENT_ConnectFailed"

My question is, has the client got the most recently bound name from the
nameservice or not?

It appears from you description that it is trying to contact the
original object reference that was registered with the Nameservice
rather than the new one.