[omniORB] upgrading from omniORB 2.8.0 to 4.1.1

Zinger, Cherry cherry.zinger at hp.com
Mon Aug 4 22:18:40 BST 2008

I have two unrelated questions on upgrading from omniORB 2.8.0 to 4.1.1:

1) With omniORB2, we stored data that had been serialized with
MemBufferedStream.  Can this data be read by cdrMemoryStream?
Or must we reimplement MemBufferedStream to read the old data?

2) We'd like to preserve our code using omniild's -Wbold option.
However, many of our output parameters are sequences, so the
option has no effect.  Given IDL like:

  struct FOO { long oneField; };
  typedef sequence < FOO >  FOO_SEQ;
  interface IFoo { long GetFoos( out FOO_SEQ results ); };

Is there a way to generate:

  virtual ::CORBA::Long GetFoos(FOO_SEQ *& results) = 0;

Rather than:

  virtual ::CORBA::Long GetFoos(FOO_SEQ_out results) = 0;

Thanks for any help!  Apologies if any of this is trivial!