[omniORB] Problems catching exceptions in clients

Clarke Brunt clarke.brunt at trafficmaster.co.uk
Fri Apr 11 13:02:16 BST 2008

evgeni.rojkov at durr.com wrote:
> ... could yout try "throw new
> MysqlPackage::Mysql::MysqlException(...);" ... just try to add  this
> "new".

At the risk of my talking nonsense, I don't think that's correct.

If you add "new", then you are throwing a pointer to the exception. For
one thing, you could then have to catch a pointer as well (rather than
catching by value or by reference), but I don't believe that the CORBA
C++ mapping tells you to throw pointers - you are just supposed to throw
the object. So if you _did_ throw a pointer, then omniORB wouldn't
recognise it, and you'd just end up with a generic exception at the
client.

Clarke Brunt
TRAFFICMASTER PLC
UNIT 22 / ST. JOHN'S INNOVATION CENTRE
COWLEY ROAD / CAMBRIDGE / CB4 0WS
T: 01223 422469
F:
E: clarke.brunt at trafficmaster.co.uk

Please consider the environment before printing this email. --------------------------------------------------------

Trafficmaster PLC is a limited Company registered in England and Wales.
Registered number: 2292714   Registered office: Martell House, University Way, Cranfield, BEDS. MK43 0TR

This message (and any associated files) is intended only for the use of omniorb-list at omniorb-support.com and may contain information that is confidential, subject to copyright or constitutes a trade secret. If you are not omniorb-list at omniorb-support.com you are hereby notified that any dissemination, copying or distribution of this message, or files associated with this message, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author clarke.brunt at trafficmaster.co.uk and do not necessarily represent those of the company.

Warning: Although the company has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email, the company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments.