[omniORB] Recursive structures in anys

Michael omniorb at bindone.de
Tue Apr 8 20:46:04 BST 2008

Duncan Grisby wrote:
> On Monday 31 March, Michael wrote:
>
>> I'm (still) using omniORB 4.1.0 on FreeBSD 6.2 gcc 3.4.6.
>>
>> I tried to come up with a minimum example.
>> Type "make working" to compile the anonymous (working) version, or
>> "make broken" to do the typedefed (broken) version.
>
> I tried your example with the current CVS version of omniORB, on Linux,
> and it worked without any errors for me. I ran it under valgrind, and
> that didn't report any memory management problems either.
>
> Please can you try with omniORB 4.1.2, or the current CVS snapshot?
> There is at least one bug fixed since 4.1.0 that could be relevant. If
> you still see problems, it must be a problem specific to your platform /
> compiler.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Duncan.

Hi Duncan,

the Problem also exists on Linux using 4.1.0.
Using 4.1.1 the first problem reported seems to be fixed.
The second problem, which turned out to appear when sending an anonymous recursive
structure that includes an ENUM type (see attached idl) still exists under 4.1.1 but has
gone under 4.1.2. So I would assume all of this fixed and ok (at least for my testcase).

cheers
michael