[omniORB] exc_bad_access raised during resolve_initial_references

Andrew Buza apt.buza at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 13:50:52 BST 2008

I'm using omniORB 4.1.0 on Mac OS X and I'm getting
EXC_BAD_ACCESS/SIGBUS in omniIOR::omniIOR when calling
resolve_initial_references. Searching the list archives, it seems that
someone had a similar problem which was fixed by setting the
environment variable DYLD_BIND_AT_LAUNCH but this hasn't had any
effect for me.

A couple things that may (or may not) be of note: My code is running
as a plug-in/shared-library to a host application that links to an
older version of omniORB, and  I've built omniORB with the flag
-twolevel_namespace in order to work around conflicts between the two
versions.

I'm not sure how to proceed at this point. Has anyone seen anything
like this before?