[omniORB] omniORBpy connectivity questions

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Wed Apr 2 19:28:59 BST 2008

On Tuesday 1 April, "Alvin Delagon" wrote:

> This is my first post in this mailing list. I've been playing around with
> omniORBpy and was able to make all the examples work in the tutorial page.
> The samples shown were using stringified objects and nameservice to resolve
> the objects. Now I'm tasked to connect to a remote Cobra server given the
> parameters: IP, ContextID, Context, ObjectID, and Object. Anyone can explain
> to me how can I use these parameters to interconnect with the server? I
> can't find the documentations on how to use these parameters in omniORBpy.

What do those parameters look like?  The only standard ways to specify a
CORBA object reference are with a stringified IOR or with a corbaloc or
corbaname URI. There is nothing in the standard about creating an object
reference using the values you name. Do you have any example code using
those parameters with some other CORBA implementation?