AW: [omniORB] Problem linking Omniorb as a Windows Application

Fischer, Clemens clemens.fischer at atlas-elektronik.com
Mon Sep 3 10:26:34 BST 2007

Hello Bill,

in Visual Studio 2005 Professional you can simply set your project
configuration for Common Language Runtime support (in Configuration
Properties/General) to "Common Language Runtime Support (/clr)" instead
of "Pure MSIL Common Language Runtime Support (/clr:pure)". Maybe you
can do the same with Express Edition.

With this setting, it's possible to link a managed C++ application to
native C++ libraries, including omniORB. This is what MS calls IJW ("It
just works").

Although i get some linker warnings on "unresolved typeref tokens", my
test application runs (at least initializes the ORB and gets some data
from a CORBA server).

Clemens