[omniORB] CORBA::String_member

Default User defaultuserbr at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 24 18:03:18 BST 2007

I'm using OmniOrb 4.1.0 on Windows. I'm sending structs as messages. I
have a problem with a client that reports catching an exception,
CORBA::UNKNOWN after sending about 4 messages. I think it's actually
the server that's gone wonky, because restarting the client produces
the error immediately.

>From playing around, it seems to be having structs with
CORBA::String_member members. In the IDL, I changed all the strings to
char arrays, like so:

struct JobSubmissionRequest
{
// string appID;
   char appID[16];
   TransIDType transID;
   unsigned short jobID;
   FileType file;
   DestType dest;
};

I was able to send messages repeatedly. Even if I don't set the strings
to any value, it still shows the error.

Any ideas?

Brian