[omniORB] Timed out waiting for rendezvousers to terminate

Mike Richmond mike.richmond at globalgraphics.com
Tue Oct 23 11:24:32 BST 2007

At 15:42 +0100 30/9/07, Duncan Grisby wrote:
>On Friday 21 September, Mike Richmond wrote:
>
>>  I am using omniORB 4.1.0 and am seeing a problem whereby my app takes
>>  a long time (about 10 seconds) to quit.  I've tracked this down to it
>>  timing out when waiting for the rendezvouser to terminate
>>  (giopServer.cc:683).  I've tried extending the wait by changing the
>>  value of timeout in gdb to 30 seconds, but the rendezvouser is still
>>  timed out.  Before and after the wait the rendezvouser thread is in
>>  this state:
>
>Please can you try with the latest CVS snapshot?  There have been quite
>a few changes to the shutdown code, so it's quite possible that the
>problem you're seeing has already been fixed.

For the list, with Duncan's help I solved this by applying this
single change from 4.1.1 to our 4.1.0 source:

   Wed Mar 28 17:20:39 BST 2007 dgrisby

   - Always wake up SocketCollection in Poke in case connect seems to
     work but does not actually wake the thread.

   src/lib/omniORB/orbcore/ssl/sslEndpoint.cc
   src/lib/omniORB/orbcore/tcp/tcpEndpoint.cc

Mike Richmond
Global Graphics Software Ltd