[omniORB] Connection is closed ERROR!

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Thu Oct 11 12:24:02 BST 2007

On Friday 5 October, janarbek wrote:

>   I have client, server and controller. Controller manages number of
>   clients. I am testing omniORB performance.
>
>   But, I got following error when I am running my application.Does
>   anyone has any idea? What is the general cause of this error?
>
>   omniORB: From endpoint: giop:192.168.6.1:1094, Detected GIOP 1.2 protocol
> error in input message. giopImpl12.cc:286. Connection is closed

It might be a bug in omniORB or a network problem. More likely, you are
hitting the maximum message size, which is 2MB by default. If you are
sending large messages, try increasing the limit by setting the
giopMaxMsgSize parameter.

If that doesn't help, get a trace from traceLevel 25. That should show
lots of details about what's happening.