[omniORB] omniNames security

Andrea Venturoli ml at netfence.it
Wed Oct 10 16:02:34 BST 2007

Hello.
I've googled around for this, but found no exhaustive thread.
Forgive me if I'm saying something stupid, since I'm quite new to CORBA.

I'm developing a server application using omniORB; on startup this
server publish its address through omniNames and client will contact
omniNames to see how they can reach the server. (All quite usual so far :-)

My problem is that I couldn't find any sort of access control in
omniNames, so not only my server, but anyone could publish a (fake)
address and redirect the clients elsewhere!

The ideal situation would be let omniNames allow read-access to the
world, but write access to localhost only, or set a password/key, but
I'm open to any other means which would let me achieve a secure setup.

Any hint/comment/insight?

  bye & Thanks
	av.