[omniORB] Using pthread calls inside a omnithread

Jason Etheridge jason at etheridge.org
Wed Oct 10 06:54:58 BST 2007

On 10/10/2007, Marcel Schoch <marcel.schoch at xiax.com> wrote:
> I'd like to now if it is a problem when I'm calling pthread functions
> inside a omniorb server function. As the server function runs inside
> a omnithread, this may cause problems/crashes? I'm having strange
> crashes and was not able to track down the problem yet, therefore my
> generic question.

It should be fine, since omnithreads almost certainly use the pthread
API in its implementation on your target platform. So
acquiring/releasing mutexes, signalling and/or waiting on condition
variables and whatever else (including spawning new threads) should
not cause you any problem.

--
Jason Etheridge                                     mailto:jason at etheridge.org