[omniORB] Changing lenght of CORBA::String_var type and setting new value.

janarbek canarbekmatay at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 9 03:28:13 BST 2007

Hi all,

  Sorry for sending basic questions,..may be u guys see I am doing progress in CORBA with c++. Ok my question is,...

  I want to change lenght of CORB::String_var data variable in a loop and set new const string to my data variable.

  What I did was in the below.

  My IDL

  interface stringTestServer {
 void setSize(inout short size);
 string returnType();
  };

  Server code:
  data = ( char*) "A";

  void stringTestServer_i::setSize(CORBA::Short& size)
{
 const char *str ="";
 std::string s ="";

 for(int i=0;i<size;i++)
 {
  s+="a";
 }
 str = s.c_str();
 cout<<"Str="<<str<<endl;  str varaible changes as loop

 data = CORBA::string_dup(str); --> Here is the problem data always prints A
 cout<<"Data="<<*data<<endl;
}

  char* stringTestServer_i::returnType()
{
 return CORBA::string_dup(data);
}

  I hope I made myself understand, basically I want to change lenght of data and set new string each time.

  Janarbek, Researcher.
Software Robot Research Team, ETRI(Electronics and Telecommunications Research Institute)
161 Kajong-Dong, Yusong-Gu, TAEJON, 305-350, KOREA
Email : janarbek at etri.re.kr
Phone : 82-42-860-1838
Fax : 82-42-860-6790
  Cell Phone: 82-10-8692-8103