[omniORB] Caught a CORBA:: UNKNOWN error (IDL sequence type)

janarbek canarbekmatay at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 7 02:34:47 BST 2007

Dear all, I hope some one could help me with following code.

  First, I have following IDL

  typedef sequence<short> seqShort;
  interface shortSeqTestServer {
  void setSize(inout short size);
  void acceptType(inout seqShort value);
  seqShort returnType();
  };

  Second in my server code,

  My servan and servant implementation is as follows.

  class shortSeqTestServer_i : public POA_shortSeqTestServer
{
private:
 seqShort data;
public:
 inline shortSeqTestServer_i() {}
 virtual ~shortSeqTestServer_i() {
 }

 virtual void setSize(CORBA::Short& size);
 virtual void acceptType(seqShort& value);
 virtual seqShort* returnType();
  };

void shortSeqTestServer_i::setSize(CORBA::Short& size)
{
data.length(size);
   for(int i=0;i<size;i++)
 {
  data[i] = (CORBA::Short)1;
 }
}

  void shortSeqTestServer_i::acceptType(seqShort& value)
{
  // Do something
  }
  seqShort* shortSeqTestServer_i::returnType()
{
  return &data;
}

  Now, I am doing in my client.

  shortSeqTestServer_var echoref1 = shortSeqTestServer::_narrow(obj1);

  seqShort_var testPattern;
   for (int j = 0; j<4; j++)
 {
 CORBA::Short size = j+4;
 testPattern =new seqShort(size);
   echoref1->setSize(size);
 testPattern->length(size);

 CORBA::Short i;
  for (i = 0; i<size; i++)
  testPattern[i] = 1;

 testPattern = echoref1->returnType();
 }

  I got following error when I execute my client "Caught a CORBA:: UNKNOWN"!

  I really don't know what is wrong with my code. It seems everything is Ok for me.
  But I don't know.

  Janarbek, Researcher.
Software Robot Research Team, ETRI(Electronics and Telecommunications Research Institute)
161 Kajong-Dong, Yusong-Gu, TAEJON, 305-350, KOREA
Email : janarbek at etri.re.kr
Phone : 82-42-860-1838
Fax : 82-42-860-6790
  Cell Phone: 82-10-8692-8103