[omniORB] OmniORB 4.1.0 API backwards compatibility

Matej Kenda matejken at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 09:54:09 BST 2007

Hi Floris

On 10/4/07, Floris Bruynooghe <floris.bruynooghe at gmail.com> wrote:

> > I have already worked on debian packaging for 4.1.x. I have modified
> > Ubuntu Feisty Fawn packaging files for 4.0.6.
> >
> > Please find attached the modified files.
>
> Cool, did you check out the packages I made earlier (as announced on
> this list on 30 May 2007) too?  They did a lot of the things already
> and a few more.  In particular they close a few bugs in the Debian BTS
> and rename a few binary packages as you can't do an ABI (new soname)
> transition withouth changing package names.  Also if the API indeed
> changed then the entire package will need to be change to reflect
> this, i.e. you can't call it omniorb4 anymore.

I took the debian directory from the source package of the Feisty deb
(http://packages.ubuntu.com/feisty/devel/omniorb4) and modified it.

Please find attached the diff of the changes that I made to make the
installation work for me.

> But as I said, currently we're working on updating the packages in
> Debian at [1], so you can check out the svn archive at [2] as it
> contains even more improvements.  Feel free to check it out and
> contribute if you find problems with it or find things you did better!
> You can always contact us on the pkg-corba mailing list.

I'll take a look at the files in the svn repository.

Regards,

Matej

--
Matej Kenda, Senior Software Engineer