[omniORB] Network performance

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Sun Nov 11 10:48:55 GMT 2007

On Saturday 10 November, Default User wrote:

> I don't know that it's necessarily bad, as PING is seeing quite a
> delay as well. But what I can't explain is what gSOAP doesn't see
> a similar latency hit. I have to put together a coherent story
> here pretty soon.

Does gSOAP perhaps stream multiple requests, rather than waiting for
each one to be replied to?  If so, it's bound by the bandwidth of the
network rather than the latency. That's more like the situation with
CORBA oneway calls.

If you're going to try doing oneways, you should set the
maxServerThreadPerConnection parameter to 1 to avoid omniORB trying to
handle multiple requests concurrently and ending up doing lots of thread
switching.