[omniORB] OmniNames

Olivier Thiboutot Olivier.Thiboutot at voxco.com
Fri Nov 2 10:41:32 GMT 2007

Hi, I know that we are a little bit late... But I just found something
surprising!

Here we go...

On Windows Xp Pro SP2 - Application are using compiler VC++ 6.0 but
OmniNames is used as is.

In OmniNames 2.8, if we add -BOAiiop_name_port 127.0.0.1 and -start
option, no problem at creation. (Self laptop contain application)

If after we restart with -BOAiiop_name_port 127.0.0.1 still no
problem...

If we register a CONTEXT and an Object, we have no problem...

If we stop OmniNames.exe and restart it with -BOAiiop_name_port
127.0.0.1, we crash with internal error closing TCP/IP port number -1!!!
(No start parameter to reload history)

If we are not too late, I would appreciate a possible explication and if
it can affect other process then OmniNames?

Best regards.

Olivier Thiboutot