[omniORB] debs for omniORB-4.1.0 and omniORBpy-3.0

Floris Bruynooghe floris.bruynooghe at gmail.com
Wed May 30 23:34:58 BST 2007

Hi

Since the omniORB shipped with Debian is out of date and the one
shipped with Ubuntu just plainly doesn't work (due to them shipping
the same old omniORB as Debian but trying to use it with python2.5 and
not noticing that doesn't work) I've created updated packages myself.

The packages work on both Debian and Ubuntu, fix all outstanding bugs
in the Debian BTS and are almost policy compliant.  The small problem
left is purely a (cosmetic) Debian problem and does not influence the
usage of the packages.  Lastly the version numbering of my packages is
such that when a new package finally appears in the archive a smooth
upgrade will happen.

If you'd like to use them you'll have to compile them from source
(sorry, no binaries).  Building is simple, if you're not familiar with
it this should get you on the way:

$ apt-get install devscripts
$ dget http://flub.stuffwillmade.org/debian/omniorb4_4.1.0-1~flub1.dsc
$ dget http://flub.stuffwillmade.org/debian/python-omniorb2_3.0-1~flub1.dsc
$ apt-get build-deb omniorb4 python-omniorb2
$ dpkg-source -x omniorb4_4.1-1~flub1.dsc
$ cd omniorb4-4.1.0
$ fakeroot debian/rules binary		# or use debuild
$ cd ..
$ dpkg-source -x python-omniorb2_3.0-1~flub1.dsc
$ cd python-omniorb2-3.0
$ fakeroot debian/rules binary		# or use debuild
$ cd ..
$ dpkg -i *.deb				# or only install selected debs

Please let me know if you have any problems with them (and don't use
the Debian BTS!) and I will try and improve the packages.

Regards
Floris

PS: If you don't like dget you should have guessed that you can
manually download the .dsc .diff.gz and .orig.tar.gz from
http://flub.stuffwillmade.org/debian/
But really, dget is lovely!

--
Debian GNU/Linux -- The Power of Freedom