[omniORB] Passing object references back to the server

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Sat May 26 18:04:46 BST 2007

On Friday 25 May, Samuel Abels wrote:

[...]
> omniORB.CORBA.BAD_PARAM: Minor: 0x41540058, COMPLETED_MAYBE.
> -----------------
>
> I see that the parameter type is not accepted, but I do not understand
> why. Can anyone explain this (or point me to an explanation)? I tried
> looking at the docs but could not find how this specific design can be
> done.

Actually, the completion status of COMPLETED_MAYBE means that the
request was successfully sent to the server, but the server threw the
BAD_PARAM exception. You should check that the server correctly returns
a long integer, which is the type specified in the IDL.

As an aside, you must be using quite an old version of omniORBpy since
it is not showing human-readable names for the minor codes. I'd strongly
suggest you upgrade. It's nothing to do with the current issue, but it's
best to be on the latest stable release.