[omniORB] RE: CORBA runtime exception with omniORB-4.1.0 Windows 64 bit ve rsion

Cao, Quinn Quinn.Cao at Energy.Sungard.com
Fri May 18 18:25:06 BST 2007

All,

Since I have not got any response, I worked out the cause of the problem by
myself, and willing to
share it with you all.

We had the CORBA interface method with some argument defaults to NULL which
worked
fine in OMNIORB3, but after we have migrated to OMNIORB4 windows 64 bit
version, these
defaulted NULL parameters could not get through parameter marshalling.

Best Regards,
Quinn

		-----Original Message-----
		From: Cao, Quinn
		Sent: Friday, May 18, 2007 1:10 PM
		To: 'omniorb-list at omniorb-support.com'
		Subject: CORBA runtime exception with omniORB-4.1.0 Windows
64 bit version

		Hi,

		I am using omniORB-4.1.0  Windows 64 bit version. When our
application is calling the server CORBA interface
		the following error is generated.  Any idea what that error
means? Thanks.

		omniORB: Application check failed. This indicates a bug in
the application
		 using omniORB.  See the comment in the source code for more
info.
		 file: C:\omniORB-4.1.0-built\include\omniORB4/cdrStream.h
		 line: 582
		 info: s

		Quinn Cao * Senior Developer * SunGard * Energy Solutions *
1331 Lamar Street, Suite 950, Houston, TX 77010
		Tel 713-210-8270 * www.sungard.com/energy
<http://www.sungard.com/energy>

		CONFIDENTIALITY:  This email (including any attachments) may
contain confidential, proprietary and
		privileged information, and unauthorized disclose or use is
prohibited.  If you received this email in error,
		please notify the sender and delete this email from your
system.  Thank you.