[omniORB] TCP connection lost

Alessandro Ricci alessandro.ricci at eidosmedia.com
Fri Mar 2 17:58:28 GMT 2007

I have been using omniORB for a couple of years now, but never come
across a problem like this. I need to get a particular exception when my
TCP connection between client and server is unexpectedly closed. I have
tried to use setClientCallTimeout to set a global or a punctual timeout
that wake up the client when server doesn't reply in a reasonable time
but it is not what I really need. How OmniORB is noticed that the
connection is lost? Does it wait for socket timeout?
What I have now is that OmniORB is blocked inside call
omni:tcpConnection:Recv( pd_socket, (char*)buf, sz,0) where pd_socket is
a value, buf is a void* different from NULL and sz is another value.

Thank you.

_______

Alessandro Ricci

alessandro.ricci at eidosmedia.com

Office Phone: +39-02-30174.339  Fax: +39-02-30174.330

EidosMedia S.p.A. -Viale Legioni Romane, 43 - 20147 Milano - Italy

http://www.eidosmedia.com/

_______