[omniORB] giopstream::CommFailure

Tahar Ouhrouche tahar.ouhrouche at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 14:31:58 BST 2007

Hi All,
I have a client/server application using omniORB4.
When I run the client, everything goes well. But when I stop the server then
I get this message in debug mode:

omniORB: throw giopStream::CommFailure from giopStream.cc
:874(0,NO,COMM_FAILURE_UnMarshalArguments)
omniORB: Server connection refcount = 1
omniORB: Server connection refcount = 0
omniORB: Server close connection from giop:tcp:134.32.185.82:1724
omniORB: AsyncInvoker: thread id = 4 has exited. Total threads = 3

The client does not crash. it works fine. I try to run the server a second
time (without restarting the client) then I get an exception which causes a
crash to the client.

omniORB: throw giopStream::CommFailure from giopStream.cc
:874(0,NO,COMM_FAILURE_UnMarshalArguments)
omniORB: Server connection refcount = 1
omniORB: Server connection refcount = 0
omniORB: Server close connection from giop:tcp:134.32.185.82:1736
omniORB: AsyncInvoker: thread id = 5 has exited. Total threads = 3

Do I need to restart the client every time the server goes down?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Cheers,

Tahar Ouhrouche
Software engineer,