[omniORB] Value Box issue

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Fri Jun 15 11:48:59 BST 2007

On Thursday 14 June, "Josh Arnold" wrote:

> I'm having a problem with the C++ header generated for ValueBox types.
> For example, using the following IDL:

[...]
> The generated class has the following declaration:
>
>         static seq1_boolean* _downcast(ValueBase*);
>
> The problem is ValueBase should be scoped to the CORBA namespace, as in:
>
>         static seq1_boolean* _downcast(CORBA::ValueBase*);

You're right that ValueBase should be scoped. However, your C++ compiler
is broken if it doesn't accept the unscoped form, since the class is
derived from CORBA::DefaultValueRefCountBase, which is derived from
CORBA::ValueBase. The compiler should pick up ValueBase from the
inheritance.

Regardless, I've fixed the omniidl output to include the CORBA::
qualification.