[omniORB] omniORB server application shutdown

Wernke zur Borg wernke.zur.borg at vega.de
Tue Jun 12 12:24:02 BST 2007

With omniORB, the ORB is a singleton object. ORB_init() will do real initialisation only for the first call. In subsequent calls it just increments the refcount and returns a pointer to 'the' ORB, so you will get the same pointer with every call. Most probably it does no harm calling it more than once, but it is of not much use either.

Experts please correct me if I'm wrong.

Wernke

 Subject: AW: [omniORB] omniORB server application shutdown

	Thank you for advise !
	Is it something omniORB specific ?
	Actually I have several ORB_init()s in one process in my Java-Application running (Java 2, Suns JavaIDL).
	I could not reproduce any troubles (yet ?).
	Kind Regards,
	Evgeni