[omniORB] omniORB 4.0.1 on AIX 5.1

Mark Zimmerman markzimm at frii.com
Tue Jul 31 11:16:22 BST 2007

On Tue, Jul 31, 2007 at 09:55:22AM +0200, Andreas.Eglseer at ecs.steyr.com wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I've a strange behavior on AIX 5.1:
> I used one of the poa examples to show
> (src/examples/poa/implicit_activation),
> but it's the same with all examples I tested.
> The app is only working, if I give a portnumber in the ORBendPoint
> parameter.
> Could somebody give me a hint what I did wrong?

You used AIX (just kidding).

Actually, I have seen this same thin with omniORB 4.1 on AIX. I
tracked down the cause, once, but I have forgotten the exact location
in the code. The workaround, as you have found, is to specify the port
if you specify the address.

As I recall, the root cause is something silly like AIX expecting a
NULL in a system call when an empty string is passed instead. If
someone can remind me where, in the code, endpoints are created I may
have time to track this down again.

-- Mark