[omniORB] omniORB 4.0.1 on AIX 5.1

Andreas.Eglseer at ecs.steyr.com Andreas.Eglseer at ecs.steyr.com
Tue Jul 31 10:55:22 BST 2007

Hi All,

I've a strange behavior on AIX 5.1:
I used one of the poa examples to show
(src/examples/poa/implicit_activation),
but it's the same with all examples I tested.
The app is only working, if I give a portnumber in the ORBendPoint
parameter.
Could somebody give me a hint what I did wrong?

xyz at aixhost:implicit_activation >./eg1
omniORB: Cannot get the address of host .
omniORB: Error: Unable to create an endpoint of this description:
giop:tcp::0
Caught a CORBA::INITIALIZE
xyz at aixhost:implicit_activation >./eg1 -ORBendPoint giop:tcp:127.0.0.1
omniORB: Error: Unable to create an endpoint of this description:
giop:tcp:127.0.0.1
Caught a CORBA::INITIALIZE
xyz at aixhost:implicit_activation >./eg1 -ORBendPoint
giop:tcp:127.0.0.1:1234
I said, "Hello!".
The Echo object replied, "Hello!".
xyz at aixhost:implicit_activation >

Cheers,

Andreas.

Engineering Center Steyr GmbH & Co KG
Geschäftsführende Gesellschaft: Engineering Center Steyr GmbH
Geschäftsführer der geschäftsführenden Gesellschaft: Dipl. Ing. Franz Dorfer
Sitz der geschäftsführenden Gesellschaft: 4300 St. Valentin, Österreich
Firmenbuchgericht: St. Pölten / FN 140816h
Sitz der Gesellschaft: 4300 St. Valentin, Steyrer Strasse 32, Österreich
Firmenbuchgericht: St. Pölten / FN 222001y

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: This message contains information which may be privileged or confidential, or exempt from disclosure under applicable law.
If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, retention, archiving, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately by return e-mail to the sender of this message.