[omniORB] Debugging marshaling errors

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Mon Jul 30 22:13:04 BST 2007

On Monday 30 July, Jason Stelzer wrote:

> I have a simple value type I'm trying to coax omniorb into mapping.

[...]
> Now, when I receive an object back from the jboss server, omniorb
> segfaults. I'm trying to figure out why. The problem is, I'm not sure
> how to ensure that the idl lines up with the corba stubs generated by
> jboss at deployment time. As it stands I've registered the factory,
> but I'm unable to determine why exactly things are blowing up. Is
> there some other option to trace data marshaling calls?

You've posted a trace of the marshalled data. You can unpick the data
according to the GIOP spec to see if that tells you anything. It's a
painful and probably unnecessary exercise, though.

You should post the IDL and code you are using. Without that, it's
impossible to offer any advice. How does your code compare with the
simple valuetype example in src/examples/valuetype/simple?

The place it's segfaulting is where it tries to call _add_ref on the
factory you have registered, which suggests that perhaps you have
released too many references on it, causing it to be prematurely
deleted.